Thursday, January 17, 2008

WHY, OH WHY?

Watching the clip on KTN on the murder of yet another innocent Kenyan left me in shock, angry and above all, full on HATE (yah, I know its a strong word), for the police force in this country.


Who is going to save us from ourselves? Who shall I run to if the person paid to do that is the same person killing me. And to rub it in, the so called police spokesman says its a Rambo movie. Rambo never died! for crying out loud. We do need to pray, and pray hard indeed for all the departed, the wounded, the hurting, the affected, those small kids who don't know why they feel cold at night as there is no shelter and nobody is explaining to them why they live in the open.

For three days last week, I did not go to the office. The management decided for the sake of the staff's security, we all needed to stay home and coming to the office was at one's own risk. Of course only 3 people worked on Wednesday 16th as they live close to the office. The rest of us (I know I can get to the office via some other route) but I did not want to take that chance. I didn't want to be caught up in all the madness that this country has come to. But a call came that same evening informing me that we all resume duty the next day. There hadn't been much anyway, apart from the trigger happy cops. I'm glad at times being that I do not work in town.


Come Thursday, its all system go! We have to cancel some of our flights. Business is damn slow.

The lunacy we saw the past week is over. I have nothing to say. I love the peace that's there currently. But there's a shortage of some supplies. I have to visit my 'loco' to buy what I can lay my hands on. Its going to be a long, long two weeks.

Ciao!

No comments: