Monday, October 29, 2007

Please say something

I am in a dilemna. My son is soon turning two and still will not talk comprehensively. I'm told by most people (parents and 'un-parents') that it is because he has no kids to play with, he needs someone to push him to, but how, the other day he shocked me by singing, 'ba ba ba ba sh juu'. I was amused. At least he gets to do something he loves, sing. And the boy can dance too, wish we still had Dancing competitions like we had in the 80s, with the Rarewatts, Kanda King, Hawa Diawala, wonder what happened to her, gal could move!!!

Anyway, another solution is to get another baby. Problem, get another baby and then? The one who is not talking will teach the new baby not to talk? Pray do tell......... or better still teach the new baby Banjuka? Its would be fun, being our only means of communication. You want food, sing banjuka, u need to sleep, banjuka more, or dance to attract attention. He turns two on 14th November and hope he'll sing for himself a birthday song. Does talking in the sleep count, he does that alot when he's gone to bed tired. I know he will get there soon. Another barrier is the language issue. But I also blame my former housegal, all she did was compose songs, she sang in the church choir, so had to time for the boy. Now I have another one I threatened to dismiss as she always refused for the boy to play outside, she only wanted to listen to Kilunda and watch Family TV while the boy cried for attention, anyway that has changed now.

I want to take him to school but the only ones available I can afford are in the village. The kid will be talking 'prate' for 'plate', 'ketoro' for 'kettle', 'grass' for 'glass' and vice versa. I heard or read somewhere that kids are fast learners, they didn't clarify how this 'fast' is supposed to be, slow fast, fast fast, moderate fast? Thanks to our tutors.

My sincere condolences to the family of our KTN Mending the ribbon presenter Tom Arocho, he was a pillar of hope to all those affected and infected with the HIV virus. May the Almighty rest his soul in eternal peace....

Need to go watch news at 9 to see who did what where and why.

Peace

4 comments:

odegle said...

be patient. kids take time to do things but that doesnt mean they are dunda. but you can take him to kids play outings for him to interact with other kids and learn fasten his speech. again, its unfair to blame your house help for any issues. the kid is yours and not hers. she was only an employee. to make it clear to you, maids will look at your house and kid the same way you look at your employers company!

with that in mind , you know how much to trust in them

Manzemkenya said...

lol.....cant stop laughing!!!relax not all kinds are alike.

Manzemkenya said...

ooops sorry....my kyuk accent thea...meant kids

Manzemkenya said...

ooops sorry....my kyuk accent thea...meant kids