Friday, October 26, 2007

Its not a beautiful day

It should be a good morning but, apparently, it is not. I do appreciate the rains and the heavens decided to open up last night and wash away all the dust that has been gathering for a while now. Thanks!

Had a not so good a day yesterday. I got a call from a long time friend who I've not spoken to in a while............don't know why. He just buried his dad two weeks ago! I never knew about it, was in the papers, well, I don't go through the photo album, only when I know someone I think I know could be honored there. Anyway, heavens called and the old man was laid to rest, holla at my kid siz and bro, tell them I miss them so.

Had an uneventful day at the office, what with the systems being down 80% of the time, you get tired not doing anything so its the reason I resorted to blogging. Didn't know it would be addictive on day 2. Well since I wasn't too busy and my dear friend had called, we chatted for a while and as soon as I put down my fone, my supervisor called me. Its not a normal thing to be called by her so I knew I'd done something, just didn't know what. She first asks me if I know how long I'd been on the fone. I didn't time myself. She had timed me, I had taken over ten minutes of company time on that call. I henceforth need to cut down on personal calls. I did not argue but in my mind I thought, 'THE SYSTEMS ARE DOWN, I CANNOT DO MUCH GAL!'. Hey, she's the boss and I'm still on probation.

Stanchart invited Diva account holders for some drinks at Alfajiri. But they didn't say they would charge us for the same drinks they'd called us for, banks! I should have just gone home to play with my boy. And again I didn't know it was like a market with different companies showcasing their businesses. I liked the t-shirts by APA Insurance that said 'I LOVE BREASTS'. Yap. Its for Breast cancer awareness, the self examinations at home, I actually never did one before. But last night I did, no lumps there.

My big boy's been unwell, guess his pressure's up again. Had to accompany him to Nairobi Hospital after my Stanchart 'bash'. He'd picked up my small boy and since he hadn't eaten from 2.30pm, he was not amused and he did a number on him including peeing in the car, serves him right for starving the kid. Anyway, got home by 10pm, made the boy eat, he hates food and I dont understand why, coz I love my food.

Anyway, was in bed by 11.

Let's see what today hold for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww you sweetie. (((((HUGS!)))))

Hope all is settling down now. BTW, Banks will always make opportunities to make more money, even is it seems innocent! At least your's invites you to *bashes*, lol! That's unheard of where I live, unless you're a billionaire...

Manzemkenya said...

its a bitchy world we are living in....who better than me to know how utterly unrealistic women bosses can be!!!!