Thursday, October 25, 2007

Its a beautiful day

It's a beautiful sunny day. Could not ask for more. Just had my lunch. Thought I would survive on two bananas but by the time I was done, I wanted food, real food, with nyama, mboga, ugali or rice. Well, I did get that and since I have to go for some drinks in the evening, my tummy has got to be ready for that part too.

Just back from a trip to the UK. Was great, had fun from day 1. Arrived Heathrow mid afternoon, was picked by a very good friend, went home, showered and hit the road. Yah, basically. Had to rush to dinner since it was her birthday and the place we were going to (Limehouse) was not a familiar territory to her, of course its was my first few hours in the UK too. The running around we did, from trains to buses to buses and more buses. Only to realise that we had be lied to by an 'Oga' brother who looks after lost sheep like us in the UK.

Anyway, we made it to dinner, 2hours late, the Chinese chap was kind enough to reprimand us, but all in all had a lovely time.

Went to 'House of Toby', a Ugandan chap's club, met a few Kenyans and Ugandans there, freeze and shine, man I was freezing and they were in spaghetti tops and minis, I could only envy them. Had nyama choma by a Kenyan Kale dude, was great, then started dozing off at 4.00am, we hadn't slept a wink since leaving Nai the previous morning at 8.00am.

I was forgetting, before we ended up at House of Toby, we got lost looking for the Club Afrique of UK and that's how we ended up the 'house'. I didn't mind coz at least I got to sleep a bit in the car as our 'chauffeur' was trying to find her way around London.

All I can say is that it's a massive city. Made it back home at 5am after getting lost again, I could tell as anytime I woke up the second driver had a map on his lap trying to find direction (the shortest) back to my galfriend's house. We made it ok but all I remember is waking up at around 10.00am for another long day. Later!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He he he!

Please do tell more... you guys disappeared the next day, not to be seen till the end of the week, lol! Too right to - caught up with your sleep yet?

Ja-dear said...

We had fun though, you know that. Enjoyed every bit of it, you know that.

odegle said...

nice blog! i like the flow

Ja-dear said...

thanks Odegle, do I still need coaching?

odegle said...

not really. you are doing perfectly alright