Monday, August 04, 2008

I will pick up from where I left on last time.

You see, I woke up quite late on Sunday and had hoped I would go to Kampala to 'shop' for those small things women shop for as long as its not back home. Having woken up at midday did not help matters either. I wanted to run my errands in the morning and being a morning person, afternoon was out of the question. I wonder who else has the same problem. My stuff has to be done before midday otherwise it will just be a waste of time, and energy and things always go wrong for me in the afternoons.

Well, I still had to take my breakfast as I watched a very interesting movie. I can't quite remember the name though. We decided to go for lunch at some beautiful hotel just by the shores of Lake Victoria. Believe you me, if the other beaches were clean, this one was 'magnifique'. These guys do know how to take care of their beaches. Watched them do what they do best, show them booties! I have to admit, they do have them booties, and man! You can only envy them. My problem is with the young gals who look like they are competing for attention from the few foreigners, but cannot be compared to Kenya. Not too many white or even chutes.

Ok, back to my trip. After hanging around the beach and watching gals and boyz play beach volleyball, ate fish (they give Osewe compe, they can fry their fish so well), with chips (not from Kenchic, this was real fish with chips. These people do love chips, and its made so well I actually enjoyed eating fries. Left for home at around 7pm when the fun was beginning, they must be night crawlers. I was exhausted from last night.

Went home and since I didn't feel like going anywhere this evening. Read part of 9/11 history plus the aftermath of all that happened that day. Sad but interesting. Chatted till late, went to bed after 1am. Being a working day, Monday was going to be spent alone so I made up my mind that I would take myself to Kampala. Early morning I got dropped off at the 'taxi' park and took a 'taxi' to Kampala. It costs UGX 2000. Thats about KES80 for a journey of about 40kms. Was quite smooth, I got to nap abit. Getting into KLA was another issue. The taxi park is nothing to write home about. If you thought Muthurwa stage (I've been there once) is chaotic, you should visit the old KLA park.

Managed to get myself round, got a very helpful woman who was willing to take me round till I told her to just go back and man, 'or woman' her shop. They are too courteous, these people. Well the Kenyan in me had to keep calculating from UGX to KES to just find out how much I was being conned, they are fond of this esp if you are not from Uganda. But I had been warned, and i turned out to be quite a handful, all kenyans are husslers, goes without saying. Things are quite fair in KLA and I promised myself to be back there soon, to get stuff for biashara.

Finished my biashara, hoped into a 'taxi' but before that witnessed a chick being robbed of her fone with Ugandans turning the park upside down looking for the thug. I didnt want to wait and see what happened coz there was total confusion. I left in a hurry, jumped into the first 'taxi' and I was homebound. The journey back was quite fast. By the time I started dozing I had already reached Entebbe. Slept abit then waited for around 4pm, took a shower, left the house at 5pm to the airport. Took me 3 minutes, checked in and off to nairobi.

On getting to Nairobi, I get quarrelled for booking two vehicles, so that started off badly. Welcome home I guess, and I wished I was back in Ug, so peaceful...............

No comments: