Friday, February 08, 2008

The Lancer

I finally paid my last respects to Alari Alare yesterday. It was not easy. He was a dear friend. Well, RIP.

This year I decided I had enough of walking and hussling for mats and buses. I decided I'd get myself a small moty to take me from point A to B. Shopped around a while and settled on one.

Drove it to the office in morning and parked at my designated spot. Its bright red, just like my uniform. Turbo (well, not quite), tinted windows, alloy rims, the works. I was the envy of 'my friends' in our department. We had decided to shop for cars for those that didn't have just for the fun of it. Two of us got and we both came in our 'new' cars at the same time.

As the congrats were being thrown at us, I noticed one was not as enthusiastic about my new status as the rest. I didn't ask why. She is the same babe who'd decided she would never give me a ride in her moty as I earned alot of money. She passes right out of my hao daily and even if she saw me at the bus stop, she would not look my side and I too decided, I got this job knowing well how I was going to get to the office. I didn't understand her hostility. I don't know how much 'alot' is, coz according to me, its barely enough. Well, I have a sworn enemy because I have a new ride. And it is just a Lancer!

Well, here I come, I owe nobody an apology.

But my DL expired on 29th Jan and have to get it sorted out first. lol!

No comments: